Western Stevedoring’s Green Team regularly reviews our operations and provides recommendations so employees can help reduce our overall environmental footprint.
Green Team recommendations have included:
- Promoting the use of carpooling and transit
- Green driver training to promote fuel efficient, environmentally friendly operational practices to help reduce costs, cut vehicle emissions and improve safety
- Recommending fleet choices to include high-efficiency, hybrid, and electric vehicles
- Waste reduction strategies such as a ‘reduce, reuse and recycle’ program
Western Stevedoring also offers employees onsite, secure bike storage to promote riding to work.
Green House Gas (GHG) Emissions Initiatives
Western Stevedoring’s primary environmental focus is to reduce the impact of our Green House Gas (GHG) emissions as we work to become a greener member of the community.
To reduce our GHG emissions, we are currently focused on two primary objectives and three major initiatives:
- Measuring our GHG emissions
- Upgrading high-GHF producing equipment
We also engaged in three major emission-reducing initiatives: